ABOUT THE ALLERGY AND ASTHMA CENTER
Allergy and Asthma Center of Southern Oregon, PC is a private, specialty practice located in Medford, Oregon with satellite offices in Grants Pass, Ashland, and Klamath Falls.
We employ two board-certified physicians, Dr. Edward Kerwin and Dr. Kevin Parks, one certified family nurse practitioner and certified asthma educator, Jaleh Ostovar, and one certified physician assistant, Jennifer Milligan, as well as several full and part-time medical assistants.
Some of the services we have available at our offices include:
- Allergy diagnostic testing
- In vivo: skin testing
- In vitro: blood testing
- Skin allergy (allergic contact dermatitis) testing
- Patch testing
- Lung function testing
- Body plethysmography (lung volume testing)
- Drug allergy testing
- Immunotherapy (allergy shots)
- Sometimes referred to as desensitization therapy, allergen-specific immunotherapy is a well-studied modality that is appropriate for patients with allergic rhinitis, allergic conjunctivitis, allergic asthma, and stinging insect hypersensitivity. Our center uses state-of-the-art methods according to guidelines set forth by the Joint Council of Allergy Asthma and Immunology for the administration of immunotherapy.
- Anti-IgE monoclonal antibody therapy (omalizumab) for moderate to severe persistent asthma
- Select medication desensitization procedures
Dust mite reduction programs have been shown to reduce symptoms and medication requirements in house dust mite allergic children and adults. These strategies include polyurethane dust mite-proof pillow and mattress covers, weekly hot water washing of bedding, and exclusion of furred and feathered pets from the sleeping area.
GET THE DAILY POLLEN COUNT
Located in Medford, Oregon with satellite offices in Grants Pass, Ashland, and Klamath Falls, the Allergy and Asthma Center of Southern Oregon, PC offers exceptional care for patients with allergies and asthma.
ALLERGY & ASTHMA INFORMATION
Please feel free to explore our site as you will find information on allergy and asthma care including information about pollen allergies, food allergies, immunotherapy, atopic dermatitis, hives, poison oak and more..